2 Tbs oil
1 packet ranch dressing or dip mix
1 packet onion soup mix
1 tsp paprika
2-Tbs fresh garlic
1 large yellow onion
Directions for cooking (slow cooker or smoker):
1. Rinse whole chicken and pat dry. Rub oil on chicken.
2. Mix ranch, onion soup mix, paprika together and rub on chicken.
3. Quarter onion, mix with garlic and place inside of bird.
4. Refrigerate overnight (optional).
5. Place is slow cooker for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low OR...
Place in a 250 degree smoker for 3-4 hours until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
6. Allow bird to rest 10-15 minutes before serving.
1. All chicken sold in the USA is antibiotic free! No chicken raised in the USA is raised with any added hormone! (No labels needed!)
2. Buy local if you'd like - you'll support your neighbor farmers and your chicken will be fresh!
Or... Buy one at the store! Your chicken will still be delicious and fresh, plus you're still supporting family farmers! Farmers often grow the crops and livestock that make the most economic sense for their area, soils, weather patterns and availability of resources! Many of your chickens will be produced by family farms in Georgia, Arkansas and Alabama!
Remember 93% of farms are family owned and just because they aren't local to you doesn't mean they aren't awesome at what they do and well worth supporting!
3. Conventional or organic onion? It's up to you! Just remember, organic and conventional are simply production methods.
The resulting onions are the same in terms of nutrition, safety and flavor! And you guessed it - you're supporting family farmers either way!