2. My socks are really wet, I’ve never run in soaking wet socks before.
3. The lake is beautiful; this run is going to be awesome!
4. I have to pee.
5. Men should really not do the short shorts thing, especially that guy.
6. A blind marathon runner?! That is amazing. And inspiring!
7. OH! Porta potty! Uhhh…. Never-mind.
8. I might have a blister starting on my ankle.
9. Spandex. They really are NOT for everyone.
10. There is ANOTHER man peeing on the side of the road….Actually, I wish I could just pee like that.
11. Here comes the sun… Wait. I think I remember something about quarter size biting flies up here.
12. Look, that guy is handing out coffee! I am hungry. For pancakes.
13. Half way already! This race is awesome!
14. Six more miles and then an easy 10K to the finish line!
15. Ok, I probably should not have skipped the last drink stop.
16. Well, I don't have to pee anymore. My body probably absorbed it for energy and my kidneys are probably shutting down. If that happens that would be a reasonable excuse to quit this, right?
17. That is definitely a blister. And my knee hurts. And my back. My socks are still soaking wet. WHERE is that next water stop?!
18. Why did I think this was a good idea, AGAIN?
19. Dear Jesus, I swear I will never skip church again if you can just brew up a storm bad enough they have to cancel this race.
20. Ok mile 20… Holy &%$* I still have a 10K.
21. There is a bus. I could just walk over there and have them take me back to the hotel. This is dumb anyway. Not just dumb. Ridiculous. The dumbest and most ridiculous thing I have ever done.
22. That’s a pretty steep drop off the road bank to the lake. You know, I could just ease over there and accidentally fall. I might be able to break something bad enough I would never have to run again…
23. You know what, maybe I will just walk in. It’s 3 miles. I could walk that in an hour and who cares about my time anyway. Maybe I won’t even walk in. Maybe I will just sit down….
24. Two miles. Two miles. Two miles.
25. There’s a clock, finally a clock! OMG – I am going to break my record! RUN! I am not only going to break, I am GOING TO KILL IT!
26. THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU GOD I FINISHED THIS THING!!!!!! Sign me up for Omaha!