1. One mile in, only 25 to go!
2. My socks are really wet, I’ve never run in soaking wet socks before.
3. The lake is beautiful; this run is going to be awesome!
4. I have to pee.
5. Men should really not do the short shorts thing, especially that guy.
6. A blind marathon runner?! That is amazing. And inspiring!
7. OH! Porta potty! Uhhh…. Never-mind.
8. I might have a blister starting on my ankle.
9. Spandex. They really are NOT for everyone.
10. There is ANOTHER man peeing on the side of the road….Actually, I wish I could just pee like that.
11. Here comes the sun… Wait. I think I remember something about quarter size biting flies up here.
12. Look, that guy is handing out coffee! I am hungry. For pancakes.
13. Half way already! This race is awesome!
14. Six more miles and then an easy 10K to the finish line!
15. Ok, I probably should not have skipped the last drink stop.
16. Well, I don't have to pee anymore. My body probably absorbed it for energy and my kidneys are probably shutting down. If that happens that would be a reasonable excuse to quit this, right?
17. That is definitely a blister. And my knee hurts. And my back. My socks are still soaking wet. WHERE is that next water stop?!
18. Why did I think this was a good idea, AGAIN?
19. Dear Jesus, I swear I will never skip church again if you can just brew up a storm bad enough they have to cancel this race.
20. Ok mile 20… Holy &%$* I still have a 10K.
21. There is a bus. I could just walk over there and have them take me back to the hotel. This is dumb anyway. Not just dumb. Ridiculous. The dumbest and most ridiculous thing I have ever done.
22. That’s a pretty steep drop off the road bank to the lake. You know, I could just ease over there and accidentally fall. I might be able to break something bad enough I would never have to run again…
23. You know what, maybe I will just walk in. It’s 3 miles. I could walk that in an hour and who cares about my time anyway. Maybe I won’t even walk in. Maybe I will just sit down….
24. Two miles. Two miles. Two miles.
25. There’s a clock, finally a clock! OMG – I am going to break my record! RUN! I am not only going to break, I am GOING TO KILL IT!
26. THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU GOD I FINISHED THIS THING!!!!!! Sign me up for Omaha!
Kate Lambert grew up in northern Illinois, not on a farm but active in FFA and showing livestock.
All Ag Industry Conservation Cooking Cover Crops Crop Farming Farmer's Wife Farm Takeover Fertilizers Food Safety Gardening GMOs Hunting And Fishing Livestock Local Farmers Modern Farming Mom #My60Acres Parenting Politics Pumpkin Recipes Recipes Running Rural Lifestyle Sheep Showing Livestock Sunday Struggles #SustainabilitySundays #UptownUploads